Monday, February 04, 2008

A couple of Monday tidbits....

It's a drop in the bucket...... but it's a start! Too bad our state's EPA didn't take charge and do something about the 4500 violations, so that the money would have benefited our state.... where the damage was done.

_______________________________________________________



Remember, this week is Blogging for Appalachia week.... a challenge started by Denny and the Outdoor Bloggers Summit, to encourage people to post about Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining. Posts are starting to come in, even internationally. I am going to start a link list here, so remember to let me know if you participate. If you'd like to know more about MTR coal mining, you can click on that label on this post, or go to "Stop Mountaintop Removal" under my links list. Thanks all!

Who's participating:
7. Colin-Life....a UK blog

9 comments:

The Hunter's Wife said...

I am happy to help.

http://www.thehunterswife.net

Kristine said...

We will also be linking to all the Blogging for Appalachia posts on the Outdoor Bloggers Summit Blog, as soon as I have time to get that set up.

Hopefully, everyone will stop by and read all the posts on the list.

We at the OBS, would also like to invite everyone who is Fighting for Appalachia to come investigate the Outdoor Bloggers Summit. Part of our mission is conservation. We'd love to have your support.

Kristine said...

By the way, I added you to the blogroll on the Summit Site. Do you prefer Blue Mountain Mama or Ruminations of a Country Girl. I used the latter because that appears to be the title of the blog. Let me know if you perfer something else.

Also, thanks to linking to our company blog (that would be number 5). Just one thing though, we're phasing out the git-r-slung catchphrase. The company name is Gun Safety Innovations. If we could use that, I would prefer it.

Thanks.

bluemountainmama said...

thanks, kristine.... i changed it for you.

bluemountainmama said...

oh, and 'ruminations of a country girl' is fine.

TwoSquareMeals said...

I'll get a post up sometime this week, I promise! Today I needed to cover Super Tuesday and tomorrow I need to write about Ash Wednesday. Thursday is Appalachia day! I already have the beginnings of a post.

bluemountainmama said...

thanks, 2square....

Editor said...

thanks for the link, please come visit again and good luck on a very worthy cause.

TwoSquareMeals said...

My post is ready and will be up tomorrow. Do I need to link to somewhere other than here? I am sort of unclear on how this works.