Thursday, September 13, 2007

Provision.......

(an excerpt from an e-mail I sent to my family shortly after moving to our new town)

I had a wonderful night last night....just one of those nights where it seems the stars are all aligned just for you. We were invited to Vacation Bible School at a little country church up the road..... down a beautiful, winding, one-lane road following a creek. I stayed with Sir Laughsalot through the evening... went to his class with him. He made friends with the class clown right away, an onery little red-headed boy. They carried on, laughed, and played together the entire night..... Such a wonderful thing to see after having to leave all his friends behind when we moved.

Another mom was there and I sensed a kindred spirit.... and a familiar accent. We trepidly started conversing and realized we were both from the same area of North Carolina and she had also gone to college near my hometown in Kentucky. Before long, we were laughing, too.... and didn't stop talking until the evening was through. We even got some looks from the teachers to hush. As the evening wound down, we exchanged phone numbers, e-mails, and 'See ya tomorrow's!"

It was dark when we left..... and the cicadas and peepers were almost deafening. I had a euphoric feeling walking down the little road to the car, with the sounds of the country in my ear, the little white church's steeple lit up in the background, and the sound of kids laughing. A night of good conversation, a possible new friendship, and knowing my son is getting that gentle, fun introduction to Jesus that we had at our bible schools growing up. We drove home with the windows down, listening to the night sounds, and Sir Laughsalot softly singing the songs he had learned that night.

I believe Someone did line the stars up for me last night.......

11 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

:)you have such a magical way with words, blue.....i can lose myself in the imagery u create .....i am known to wear my heart on my sleeve ..so even at the cost of sounding treacly ....I wish you and your happy family all that's beautiful, joyous and lovely in this world ....:) Lotsa hugs and I'm sitting down with the movie now :)

June said...

I couldn't quite tell if this described a current event or a past one, but after reading moi's comment, I'm thinking it's a new move. Wishing you all good things.

bluemountainmama said...

june, you gathered right. :) we moved to a new town a month and a half ago.

bluemountainmama said...

moi....you are ever the encourager. thanks so much for your kind words. i like people who wear their heart on their sleeve. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wonderful story. I do believe that night was made just for you. :-)

Ash said...

Beautiful image and words!

JAM said...

Beautiful, the photograph and your story.

Rowdy said...

Your photo and words leave a lasting impression. Great work.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

hey blue, i watched the movie finally and guess what with my husband!!! :)
his boss at his school job is a music prof...so he was really interested in watching this one, once i mentioned it to him....(things people do to impress their boss (read outside-home-boss :D)..loved the cinematography and yes Quinn is eye candy.....we loved the tunes....i could imagine you sitting amidst those beautiful mountains, making your music ...:)

i am not sure if i have told you this but I;m a total mountain person..i think i left my soul behind them when i visited Himalayas last :)

photowannabe said...

Isn't it exciting to be on the receiving end of God's provisions for us. It seems your heart's cry for your new life has been answered. PTL.

L.L. Barkat said...

That night... and an eternity of nights as well.

Such beautiful expression here.