Friday, January 25, 2008

Good things are meant to share.......








First of all, anyone that puts Bible stories to banjo music and sings them while wearing bird wings, is a kindred soul. :)

If you haven't noticed by my music player, I've had quite the fascination with Sufjan Stevens as of late. My friends have talked about him for years, but I just discovered his music shortly before Christmas, and was very excited to receive "Sufjan under the tree", as I phrased it, on Christmas morning....

So I'll leave you with a little Sufjan magic for the wintry weekend. Enjoy!

(as a side note, I have put up an original song on my Myspace page. The link is in my sidebar. You'll have to scroll down on the player, as it's the last song..... it is just a simple love song to God I wrote as a young 'un.... ) :)

6 comments:

Anna said...

I love him.

So wrong...

So right!

:)

Hehehehehehehe!

Anonymous said...

I simply love that song hearing in the cold winter morning here now....It is real magical...Thanks for sharing the song & the videos!

kirsten said...

Oh, how I love Sufjan!! I love hearing his tunes when I visit your blog, love his music and the stories he tells so beautifully.

Thanks for sharing!

L.L. Barkat said...

There is something so delightful about the banjo. Really.

Anonymous said...

Still sounds great. I vaguely remember coming across this on Austin City Limits or something like it and not understanding what the H was going on with all the butterfly wings, something like a rock opera, so I switched channels!

Veronica Acordova said...

Appreciate this blog ppost