Thursday, December 14, 2006

Songwriter's Circle.......... There's a quote by Anne Morrow
Lindbergh that says, "Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after."

I think I would add good music, too.


My lovely friend Patti hosted a songwriter's circle at her downtown restaurant Wednesday night. It was a great opportunity for local singer/songwriter's to showcase their talent...in a cozy, laid-back, and supportive environment.

I arrived just as the evening got under way, and walked into a standing-room only crowd. Fortunately, a fellow musician friend already had a table and offered me the extra seat he had. We sat back, sipped coffee, and soaked up the good music and "creative vibes" that events like this put forth.
For a rural Appalachian town, our area actually has quite the little music and art scene, which is a necessity for me. I thrive in creative environments and like to be in an area with a "pulse", as I call it. I was sad when the evening ended, and vowed to go home and practice so that I'd feel comfortable enough to participate in the next one. We'll see if those "good vibes" keep me motivated!
And, I wonder, was it the good music or coffee that kept me up that night.......

4 comments:

Anna said...

Sounds like you have come up with your New Years resolution...go practice!

Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot like Floyd! I just came from a pary at Fred's house. It was my first time at his place. Some folks played bluegrass in the living room. I'm happy but stuffed!

bluemountainmama said...

colleen- i've heard of home concerts like that. i don't know if that's what fred's was...but it's kind of a grassroots thing, where musicians will come and play in people's homes for a small cover charge per person. and we aren't quite at the floyd level yet, but things are getting started here...

Andrea said...

I know what you mean. I thrive in a creative environment, too. However, I do not feel I live in such an area, now. But it's given me opportunities to be MORE creative, if you know what I mean.
Now...get practicing!!!! :)