Saturday, February 02, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful..........




The big picture...


And just for sh**s and giggles... (pun intended)



This is what greeted us yesterday morning as we awoke. I ventured outside just long enough to take some pics, but as you can see, I had to watch my step. :) We'll be staying inside and cozying up next to the woodstove this weekend.....

Two things I wanted to pass along, though: First, a friend of mine just started a new blog. She has her first post up, so if you get a chance, click over and welcome her to the blogging world.

Second, The Outdoor Bloggers Summit is declaring next week, 'Blogging for Appalachia' week, and is encouraging people to blog about Mountaintop Removal. I will be participating and encourage any of you who may be up to the task, to also post about it. If you do, let me know and I will link to it. It has the potential to reach thousands if we all do it.
Stay warm, everyone......

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures! I especially love the frozen berries. I imagine my Mike will love the last one. ;-)

denny said...

You have quite the eye for photos :)

bluemountainmama said...

thanks, denny!

and brandy- my hubby's the one that urged me to put up that photo. although i do like a little potty humor now and then myself. it's the redneck in me coming out. :)

kirsten said...

Brr!! It does look cold. I love that frozen berries picture too. Stay warm!! :o)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

stay warm, blue. i love the icy pics........they remind of glass sculptures ...sans one :DDD

Anna said...

The berries are great! :)

Anonymous said...

Girl, your site is wonderful. I had to laugh We're sitting here in the HEAT!!! Hoping for rain. (Bay of Island's New Zealand) Your snow looks lovely.
I'm a newby and I wonder if you can let me know how to upload music. Love your Amazing Grace. If I can upload it in Maori (NZ indigenous people) You may like it for a change! (sounds amazing too)

Thank you for sharing your blog on line.

bluemountainmama said...

ellie... thanks for stopping by. i can't even imagine dealing with heat this time of year. :) and regarding the playlist, if you look at mine, and click on 'create a playlist', it will let you open an account and do one of your own. once you download the songs you want, it will give you the code to put on your blog. it should walk you through the steps.....

Anonymous said...

Yes, our eyes are attracted to similar photogenic sights. I love superimposing myself into the overview shot. Now I'm thinking about that last image, less frightening when frozen, but today is so warm!

photowannabe said...

Whew, that looks mighty cold there. Love your creative pictures. I am continuing to read about the Appalachia tragedy and my support is with you.

bluemountainmama said...

thanks, sue.....