Tuesday, November 28, 2006

ANNE LOUGH......

For those who love traditional Appalachian music, or who know people who do, I want to introduce you to
Anne Lough...... also known as "Mom". Yes, I am blessed to have a wonderful musician as a mother and grew up with a childhood full of music...........


My mom has several wonderful albums..... I am currently listening to "Leading of the Star", her instrumental Christmas album. She teamed up with her friend, Karin Lyle, who plays harp, and the album is made up of traditional Christmas carols and hymns on hammered and lap dulcimer, and harp. It's the one Christmas album I allow myself to start playing before Christmas because it is so beautiful and relaxing. A great CD to play on a cold, dark winter's night.

She will also have a new traditional album coming out soon with friends who play banjo and fiddle. I'll post about that when it is released. To check out all her recordings, go here. Then you can click on the "recordings" link. Any of the CD's would make a good gift for friends or family who love traditional Appalachian music. My mom specializes in the old mountain ballads and folk songs, so don't expect bluegrass music (just wanted to put in that disclaimer). I think she is one of the best dulcimer and traditional artists out there- but, of course, I could be a little biased :) . So go check out her site and tell her I sent you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is beautiful...and I am sure that she is amazingly talented.

Anonymous said...

Hey bluemountainmama...check my site, you inspired me. :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I bet her music and albums are wonderful! The dulcimer is such a magical instrument...! You have a lovely talented Mama...!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have a musician Momma. I do too, but it didn't take in me until I was a lot older.

Thanks for sharing this part of you with us.

Andrea said...

That is so cool! I will definitely check it out! I love Christmas dulcimer music. How blessed indeed you were (are) to have a muscial mama.

LZ Blogger said...

Wow what a COOL mom for you to have! ~ jb///

Anonymous said...

Wow! She should come play in Floyd sometime at Odfellas Cantina or the Winter Sun. I'll be in Asheville just a week before she'll be playing at the Biltmore. Do you play music as well?